The GTL appeared in May 1986. Its mission was to renew the celebrated 4Ls image by modernising its appearance. It was equipped with protective lateral bands of grey, matching the colours of the bumpers. Its Cleon 1108 cm³ engine was able to consume only 5,4L to 100 km. As it became the GTL Clan, it adopted a new interior, with tilting seats, a digital clock and Clan inscriptions on its flank and trunk.